Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- Customer Management
In Connex, you can create your own Customer and assign credit, routing, CLI, authentication. Also you can check the Latest calls, channels ASR, ACD, PDD and CPS Stats
Managing customers is quite easy with Connex. Follow the procedures given in this tutorial, to learn how to efficiently manage your customers.
On the Dashboard, click on the tab, highlighted in the centre of the page, to go to the Customer or you can also click on Management from the left pane and select "Customer".
You can add new Customers by following the simple procedure.
- Click on '+' button.
- Enter the details of the Customer.
- Click the Save button, once all the details are entered properly.
Following figure shows the dialog box for adding a Customer:
Brief description of the fields present in the dialog box above, as follows:
Customer Name: Add the name of the customer.
Paypal Email: Enter the Paypal Email of the customer in the text field.
Website: Add the customer's website address.
Status: Users can choose the "Status" of the customer as:
- Active : Enables the account, this will let the customer's calls pass through
- Inactive: Disables the account, all calls will be blocked
- Pending Approval: When a customer signs up it will be listed under pending approval, setting pending approval won't let the calls pass through.
Debit Limit: You can set the debit limit on this field, this is usually done for postpay customers.
Minimum Payment You can set the minimum topup payment from this field. Example $100, this will allow your customer to topup $100 & above from the customer portal.
Tax: You can add the Tax as a percentage, this will be calculated on the payment that gets added.
Currency: Select the currency from the dropdown menu.
Note: You wont be able to change the account currency once the account is created.
Portal Access: Users will select the "Portal Access" from the options either Yes or No, selecting to NO will restrict your users to access your Customer Portal
Address: Complete the customer's address.
You can delete Customers from the list, by following the steps given below.
- Select a Customer from the list.
- Click on the Delete button.
Checking the status
You can also check/filter the Customers by the status.
- Click on the button to the right of the trash bin labelled "Active".
- Select an option, from the dropdown menu, against which you want to filter the customers.
- Results will show up according to the selected option.
You can search for anything about a Customer by writing the query in the Search text field. You can search for a name, IP address, users.
In order to edit a Customer, select Customer from the list and a new page will open up. Follow the procedure given below to edit a specific customer:
- Click the "Edit Customer" button.
- Edit the details and click "Save" button.
In Main tab, users can view/add the customer contacts. You can also check the summary in three different forms i.e. Live/Daily/Monthly as shown in an image above.
In Stats tab, you can view the Channels, Calls Per Second (CPS), ACD, ASR, Attempts, Codes, PDD stats, you can also filter it by the day/month of your choice.
Under Ingress Routing you can assign a customer rate card to your customer account.
- Click on the Add New button.
- Select the customer card & Fill out the details of the dialogue box.
- Press Save once you have completed the details.
The details of the dialogue box can be seen in the image below:
For more information about Ingress Routing click on Ingress Routing
- Click on Management> Customer
- Click on the Customer Name> Routing> Proxy Info
- Click on the rate card name> select enable from Recording.
- The recorded files can be accessed from the file section
- Click on Management> File> Recording
- Click on the download button to download the file.
CLI / ANI is the From part of the SIP INVITE message and contains the information about who the call was placed from, more specifically we are referring to the number that is presented to have sent the call. The detailed functions are explained on CLI
- Click on the '+' button.
- Popup will appear. Fill out the details in the dialogue box.
- Press Save once the details are correctly entered.
Details of the dialogue box can be seen below:
Under the Authentication tab, there are two types of authentication as shown in the image below:
- IP Authentication
- User/ Password Authentication
- Click on the '+' button.
- Enter the IP address & click save
In Basic dialogue box, Users will add the IP/Hostname, Channels (in digits only) and Flow Speed (in digits only) as shown in an image above. In the image below, there is a description of the Advanced dialogue box.
- You can select the codecs if you wish.
- Enter the switch Manufacturer and Version of your customer in the respective text field.
- Select the SIP Protocol, Port and Dial Pattern.
- Optionally you can add CLI Prefix.
- Enter the Tech Prefix, Strip Digits and Bandwidth in digits only.
- You can Force From in the given text field.
- And you need to select one of the options: Ingress or Egress.
User/ Password Authentication
You can set the User/Password authentication.
- Click on the '+' button.
- Enter the username & password & click save.
Here you can check the latest call from this tab, look up calls and refresh the list of simulated calls. For simulating the call:
- Click on the Simulate button.
- Popup will appear.
- Fill out the details of the dialogue box like Dialed Number, CLI/ANI, Switch IP etc., as mentioned in the image below:
- Finally press Simulate button.
The Dialogs tab shows the active calls on the account so you can easily see the Active calls with just one click.
In this tab, you can make a list of all the payments that have been made so far and you can also add new payments by:
- Click on the '+' button.
- Fill out the dialogue box as shown in the image below. Add the Description of the payment, the total amount in digits and finally select the status of it whether it’s Completed, Pending or Cancelled.
- Finally press the Save button.
The last tab is the "Alerts" tab. It allows you to generate alerts to your customers when some specific events are triggered. You can view all your alerts by clicking on this tab.
You can also add a customised alert by clicking on the "+" sign.
You need to give the alert a name such as: Low Balance Alert
Next select the email address or phone number to whom you wish the alert to go to
The Area is the place that is being monitored ie Balance
The Operator is the comparitor to which the threshold is compared. If the Operator is set to eg >$50 and the Threshold is set to $50 then the Alert will be triggered and sent out to the recipient
Click "Save" and a new alert will be created.
Call Detail Record (CDR)
You can check the details of the calls by following a simple procedure:
- Click on CDR to view the CDR.
- You can click on the download CDR buttton to download the CDR.
This feature lets you recalculate the long duration calls which have been timed out.
- Click on the Recalc CDR button.
- Fill the dialogue box. Here you can select the day, maximum duration and new duration as shown in an image below:
- And finally press Save once the details have been entered correctly.
You can assign DID in an account by following these steps:
- Click on the ‘+’ button which is at the extreme right of the page.
- Popup will appear. Add DID name, set the Destination; select the Provider name, Provider Card, Customer name and Customer Card from the dropdown menu options respectively; Cost in digits and Retail as shown in the image below:
- And Press Save button.
You are able to add the customer package and its quantity for their ease in just one click.
- Click on the ‘+’ button.
- Fill out the details of the dialogue box which includes: Package name and quantity in digits and also check or uncheck the Auto Decrement Credit as shown in the image below. Auto decrement will debit the package amount from the customer account depending on the quantity.
- Press Save button.
You can also choose the package duration, the quantity, the cost and the frequency by clicking on the drop down arrow in the Package box.
- Click on Management> Customers
- Click on the customer name
- Enter the contact name.
- Enter the Email address. This email address will be used for login.
- Check the Auto generate password box if you would like the password to be generated online and the generated password will be sent via email. Unchecking the box will let you manually set the password.
- You may enter any information on public notes. These notes will be displayed on the customer portal when logged in. The private notes will only display on the control panel. These notes will not be displayed on the customer portal.
- Click Save