Debugging (identifying call problems) is an essential skill for maintaining a Voice Platform. A single character or a 10ms delay in the wrong place could cause issues in VoIP / SIP communication because it has several components and a wide range of possible configurations.
(VoIP: Voice over Internet Protocol; SIP: Session Initiation Protocol)
- Isolate: The first step in debugging a problem is to isolate it. This means that if a customer reports about calls not connecting, an example is necessary of where it occurs.
- If Reporting a Problem to ConnexCS, you will need to give a Call-ID.
- Replicate (Optional): If the problem occurs for live customers, its necessary to replicate the problem either on the live platform or in a lab environment. ConnexCS support engineers may need your help to achieve this.
- Fix: Once you understand the underlying cause of an issue, you can perform a fix. The fix typically corrects configuration or setup issues.
- Test: To confirm if the fix has resolved the issue, verify the fix using a live or simulated test. Upon confirmation, you can contact the customer to inform them of the resolution of the issue.