Remote Testing using the Weylon application allows for increased visibility into customer issues. The process consists of three steps.
Reports for the data visualization of test results are presently in development.
First, provision the desired test in the ConnexCS Control Panel. Go to Global Weylon. This lists any existing tests.
Create Test Configuration
Click to create a new testing configuration.
- Name: Name the new test, ideally something descriptive so you know what it will test.
- ID: Its randomly generated by the system.
- Show Output: When Enabled, it displays real-time results while the tests are running on the customer's equipment. When Disabled, it displays a progress bar, so there is no confusion about what all the results mean while the test is still running.
Next to Criteria, click to specify the test parameters.
- Type: Select to run Ping, Simulate Media, or Trace Route.
- Host: Specify the Internet Protocol (IP) or Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN).
- Level: Select any one of the 3 options to vary the intensity of the test:
- Basic: Single, quick test.
- Standard: Captures a moderate amount of data without much detail.
- Advanced: Detailed soak test, which can last several minutes.
Savefor the Criteria. Add additional test Criteria as required.
Saveto complete the test setup.
Next, the customer needs to install Weylon on their Linux machine.
Install the Application
wget https://app.connexcs.com/files/weylon chmod +x ./weylon
Execute the Test
./weylon -i ABCD
All test results report back to your Control Panel under Global Weylon.
Help with interpreting test results
If you need help reviewing the report data from these tests, please reach out to ConnexCS Customer Support for guidance.